The free month is available to ANYONE! All you need to do is register.
During the free month, classes will be offered at 3 pm (PDT) Monday through Saturday for three weeks (Aug. 24 - Sept. 12).
You can choose as many classes as you want! We recommend attending all of the classes in order to explore your child's interests.
All classes during the free month will be held at 3 pm PDT. If you live in a different timezone, make sure you factor in the time difference when making your plans. If you need help with time conversions, you may consult this link: https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
All of our classes are suitable for all ages! But if you are looking for specific recommendations based on age range, this is what we suggest:
- MONDAY 8/24 at 3:00 pm PT: Beginner Drawing with Arree Chung (3-8)
- TUESDAY 8/25 at 3:00 pm PT: Sight Words, Draw Pictures with Simone Shin (K-2)
- WEDNESDAY 8/26 at 3:00 pm PT: Lettterforms with Maria van Lieshout (3-8, 8-12)
- THURSDAY 8/27 at 3:00 pm PT: Drawing and Painting Animals with Gianna Marino (3-8, 9-12)
- FRIDAY 8/28 at 3:00 pm PT: Collage with Vanessa Newton (K-2, 3-8)
- SATURDAY 8/29 at 3:00 pm PT: TP Sculpture with Youa Vang (K-2, 3-8)
- MONDAY 8/31 at 3:00 pm PT: Pop up Cards with Kathryn Otoshi (K-2, 3-8)
- TUESDAY 9/1 at 3:00 pm PT: Advanced Drawing with Chris (3-8, 9-12)
- WEDNESDAY 9/2 at 3:00 pm PT: Making Greeting Card with Vanessa (K-2, 3-8)
- THURSDAY 9/3 at 3:00 pm PT: Snip and Stick with Carter Higgins (K-2)
- FRIDAY 9/4 at 3:00 pm PT: Watercolors with Jessixa Bagley pm PST (3-8, 9-12)
- SATURDAY 9/5 at 3:00 pm PT: Cooking Class TBD with Lya (3-8, 9-12)
- MONDAY 9/7 at 3:00 pm PT: Comics for Kids with Jarrett Lerner (K-2, 3-8)
- TUESDAY 9/8 at 3:00 pm PT: Expert Drawing with Alex Leon (3-8, 9-12)
- WEDNESDAY 9/9 at 3:00 pm PT: Beginner Painting with Arree (3-8)
- THURSDAY 9/10 at 3:00 pm PT: Sketch Comedy with James Perry (3-8, 9-12)
- FRIDAY 9/11 at 3:00 pm PT: Printmaking with Carter Higgins* (K-2)(3-8)
- SATURDAY 9/12 at 3:00 pm PT: Singing with Vanessa and Coy (all ages)
Each class is one hour long, and usually consists of 45 minutes of instruction time and 15 minutes for Q&A.
In order to give as many children as possible an opportunity to learn from our award-winning instructors for free, we are using Zoom's largest webinar plan. With up to 50,000 students attending each class, interactions will be limited. Of those 50,000, only 350 children will be able to participate as panelists and engage in the full classroom experience.
The panelist access is given to those who paid the deposit during our Kickstarter campaign. WE can accommodate the first 350 students who will log in using their unique link.
NOTE: Panelist slots are on first-come-first-serve basis. Therefore, once the slots are full for the class you are attending, your access will be a webinar attendee.
During the free month, we will be using Zoom's largest capacity for meetings, allowing us to include up to 50,000 participants.
Yes! The more kids, the more fun!
No. We only need one email per household. The webinar link will work for all classes.
We would love to see your child's creations in our online community. Please join our Facebook group. There you may share your child's homework and see what other children created as well.
When you sign up to the link, your account earns 10 points. Every time someone enrolls for a class using the unique link you shared, you earn additional 5 points each sign up.
The iPad promo is a raffle for those who have shared the Free Month Class registration using their unique link. The winner is selected randomly and system-generated.
The Free Month classes are for every child who wishes to learn with us! As long as you are registered, your child will be able to access the classes. Sharing your unique link allows you to qualify for rewards and participate in the iPad raffle.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your rewards.
The more you share, the greater your chances of winning the iPad. However, please keep in mind that the winner of the raffle is randomly selected and system-generated.
With 30 points, you can unlock the Beginning Drawing with Arree recording. With 6o points, you can unlock the Collage and Illustrations with Vanessa recording.
You will receive system-generated emails about your points. When you reach 30 points or 60 points, you will receive an automated email containing a link to your rewards. If you believe you have earned the points but haven't received the rewards link, please contact us at email@example.com.
Because these are FREE classes, we want to include as many children as possible, so we are using Zoom webinars. In Zoom webinars, we can only admit 350 panelists, whose videos can be seen by the class. The rest of the group (up to 50,000 children) will attend without seeing their own videos. The panelists are the first 350 students who signed up for our Kickstarter launch deposit list.
Yes! We will post the replays a few hours after finishing the live classes. You can find them here. You can also find them on our Facebook page as we will host a live feed for our community there.
The replay videos will be available as long as the page is available.
To join the class, just register at arree.com/free. To access the class, we'll send your Zoom links to your email on Saturday, August 22, 2020. If you didn't receive a link after that time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with the Zoom link.
You can consider the following to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Your internet connection may be at fault. Please try resetting your connection and then logging back in to the session.
2. You may need to close apps that you are not currently using to allow more bandwidth for the video call.
3. Make sure your Zoom app is up to date, especially if you're connecting from a mobile device or tablet.
4. Try connecting to the class on a different device.
5. If you have tried all of these steps and are still having issues, please reach out to Zoom support as this is a Zoom app issue. Here is a link to their FAQ's: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
NOTE: If you are having troubles with Zoom, please remember we will also be live streaming on Facebook and Youtube, so you can join our group there.
You do not need a meeting ID or password. The Zoom link we send to you via email will automatically direct you to the live sessions.
You may be logging in from a different timezone. The classes start at 3 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time. If you need help converting the times, you may visit this link: https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
How do I change the registration to my child's name? It's fine to register with your name. Once you log on to Zoom, you can change the screen name to your child/children's name(s).
Please check your "spam" folder to see if it was sent there. If it was, unmark the email as spam and ensure that the filter is set to "never send to spam" so that future emails from the camp are not sent to spam again.
After you register, you will receive an email from UPviral containing your unique link that you can use to earn points through sharing with your friends. Please search your inbox using the keywords "UPviral" or "Creativity School Kickstarter." If you are still unable to find the email, please contact us at email@example.com.